There is much to brag about when the English offer up some of the best actresses in their region. Without a doubt,the bright-eyed women have been stealing the limelight from time immemorial. The younger generation of English actresses continues to add to the achievements of their predecessors as well. These women are more than just actresses. They have been stealing hearts in the television and theatre scenes alongside their Oscar-winning performances. Not long before their popularity explodes, and they become a part of the legends in cinema. Here are the top seven young and show-stealing English actresses to watch out for.
- Bel Powley – This 23-year-old actress is new to the movie industry and is thriving in the excitement and surreal environment of movie-world. Her climb from being a television actress to being one of the best actresses at the Sundance film festival, Bel has had an over whelming career. Her newest film ‘The Diary of a Teenage Girl,’ is one of her best performances and one that promises to take her places.
- Daisy Ridley – Another 23-year-old English actress who is stealing hearts is Daisy. Overnight her name became one of the hottest to mention on tabloids after her outstanding performance in ‘Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens.’ Upto the point of the Star Wars fame, Daisy played meager roles in television dramas like ‘Silent Witness and Mr.Selfridge.’
- Kaya Scodelario – The 23-year olds continue to hold top place in the youngest promising English actress, as with Kaya Scodelario as well. She is a well-knownface from the Channel 4 teen drama ‘Skins.’ Her role as Teresa Agnes in ‘Maze Runner’ has shown that she has much promise on the silver screen.
- Yasmin Paige – The 24-year-old actressis known for her movie ‘Submarine’ with director Richard Ayoade. Her roles intelevision drama series such as ‘Glue’ only adds to her list of award-worthy performances. Rumor has it that Quentin Tarantino has his eye on this young sapling for his latest movie.
- Sophie Cookson – Her last impressive performance was in the fabulous movie ‘Kingsmen: The Secret Service’ opposite Colin Firth and Taron Egerton and then in ‘Emperor.’ Going by the bouquet of classy actresses she has worked with, and her stellar performances, Sophie has potential.
- Florence Pugh – For a 19-year-old, Florence is not just one who captures and holds the frame with her beautiful face; she’s a show-stealer. Her performances at sets have left crew speechless and wowing at her potential to be the next Kate Winslet. The English newcomer has already had her name etched as a promising talent at the London Film Festival for her role in ‘The Falling.’
- Mia Goth – Shia LaBeouf’s offscreen and onscreen sweetheart Mia, is more than just a kooky actress. She’s also a model isknown for her ability to switch from being sinister to classy in a flash. The award-winning actors she has worked with only goes to further her career as both a great actress and a fabulous personality.